|Frequently Asked Questions
|Where in the New Testament does it say Gentiles should observe the Sabbath?
|When a gentile person hears the truth, repents, and is baptized they are adopted in Israel, they are expected to give
up living like a pagan:
11. Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that
which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12. That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the
covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13. But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. Ephesians 2.11-13
Ye know that ye were Gentiles, carried away unto these dumb idols, even as ye were led. 1 Corinthians 12.2
They were not Gentiles anymore - they had been adopted into the Commonwealth of Israel - they were ex-Gentiles:
19. Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and
of the household of God;
20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner
stone; Ephesians 2.19+20
The saints are those who hold fast to God's Law and have Jesus' faith by having the mind of Christ dwelling in them:
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Nowhere does the Bible tell us to give up living like God's people and start living like Gentiles - the truth is the exact
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their
mind, Ephesians 4.17
For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness,
lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: 1 Peter 4.3
"abominable idolatries" - this would include Sunday, Xmas, Easter, Lent, etc. ALL of which can be traced to the religion
of ancient Babylon, and are traditions based on angel worship, when a person tries to mix these man made pagan
traditions with the worship of the LORD their worship is in vain - totally useless:
20. But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that
ye should have fellowship with devils.
21. Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the
table of devils. 1 Corinthians 10.20+21
As soon as mixing occurs the LORD has been forsaken, and their worship is in vain - useless:
8. This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.
9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15.9
If a person believes LORD they will accept the sign of being His people - for He said He would refuse to recognize
everyone who refuses to work His Law in their lives:
21. Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of
my Father which is in heaven.
22. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out
devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23. And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. Matthew 7.21-23
Those who refuse to work God's Law in their lives are "workers of iniquity" NO LAW - the LORD has told us where they
stand - we all have a clear choice believe Him or believe the Pope who says that if you keep the 7th day
you are going to Hell.
This question is based on the premise that there is a difference between Jewish and Gentile Christians, this is a flawed
27. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one
in Christ Jesus.
29. And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Galatians 3.27+28
To become a Christian is to be grafted into the LORD's plant = Israel -
16. For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them
partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18. Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19. Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee. Romans 11.16-21
"unbelief" - this is what the writer of Hebrews called Sabbath breaking (5 times) in Hebrews 3 + 4, when he warned that we
are not to follow their example of Sabbath desecration in The Wilderness of Sin:
9. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
10. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.
11. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of
unbelief. Hebrews 4.9-11
|This is the Aramaic from the Peshitta
|In the KJV this word "rest" is the Greek word 'sabbatismos' meaning 'a keeping of the Sabbath'.
I say the Pope is a liar.
I say Jesus spoke the truth.
The bottom line - are you one of God's people or not??