|Is the Holy Spirit a being?
Is the 'trinity doctrine' true?
The Holy Spirit is not a being.
The trinity doctrine originated in Babylon, and there were many different names over the years.
The one that sticks in my mind is Baal / Ishtar / Sin.
The Babylonian trinity that demands Sunday worship (as in Babylon) is,
Baal whose death and rebirth is celebrated by decking a tree with silver and gold (Jeremiah 10.1-5) in the dead of
winter = celebrating the death and rebirth of Baal - the sun god.
And his consort is Ishtar - the queen of heaven - venerated in the spring with fertility symbols such as eggs and
They serve their god = Sin
To begin to examine this matter it is necessary to have some understanding of the different words that are
translated into the English word "God".
First off in Genesis is "Elohim" - this word is a uniplural noun, similar to the words 'family' or 'team'. It means
Elohim in the Strong's Concordance @ Crosswalk.com
The "im" in Hebrew makes the word plural.
You can have one 'team' or one 'family' BUT they must be composed of more than one being.
One person does not make a 'family'.
One person does not make a 'team'.
And this word describes the Father (The Theos) and YHVH (The Logos) together.
To put it in human terms it is their 'specie'.
They are Elohim.
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of
the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that
creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1.26
There is one God and it is composed of two beings - right now.
This is the earliest point in time in the Bible - before anything was created:
1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2. The same was in the beginning with God.
3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
4. In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
5. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1.1-5
Please note there is no mention of a third being - in the beginning was the Logos and The Theos.
In the beginning was the YHVH (Jesus, preflesh).
The YHVH was with The Theos (The Father).
And the YHVH was Elohim (one of the "Mighty Ones"= "God").
The same was in the beginning with The Theos.
All things were made by The YHVH - and without The YHVH nothing was made that has been made.
People who are not led by the Holy Spirit can not comprehend this.
And the Word (YHVH) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only
begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1.14
The Catholics and almost all the Protestants believe the Father did the creating. (read the Nicene and Apostle's
It was Jesus who created everything:
1. God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he
made the worlds;
3. Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the
word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on
They believe the Father gave the Law to Israel. This was not the Father - it was The YHVH Elohim, the LORD, Jesus,
who gave the Law to Moses.
They believe the God of the Old Testament was the Father.
This is wrong:
No man hath seen God (The Father/Theos) at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father,
he hath declared him. John 1.18
When Moses, Nadab, Abihu, and the 70 elders of Israel saw God they did not see the Father - they saw YHVH
9. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel:
10. And they saw the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and
as it were the body of heaven in his clearness.
11. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they saw God, and did eat and drink.
12. And the Lord (YHVH) said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of
stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them. Exodus 24.9-12
They do not understand that Jesus is YHVH = The Creator = The LORD God (which is "YHVH Elohim" in Hebrew).
Paul wrote that everything that can be known about God is evidenced in the creation:
19. Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it
20. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being
understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are
21. Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in
their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
22. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, Romans 1.19-22
To understand the Holy Spirit it is necessary to study the creation.
Was Adam's spirit a separate being from him?
No - it was an integral component of his being - it is what he was/is.
His spirit was his mind - same as with everyone else.
These verses provide the clearest understanding of the Holy Spirit in the Bible:
7. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world
unto our glory:
8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of
9. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which
God hath prepared for them that love him.
10. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.
11. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even
so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things
that are freely given to us of God.
13. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Spirit
teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can
he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
15. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man.
16. For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2.7-16
Your spirit is your mind.
The YHVH's Spirit is His mind - it is holy because He is Holy.
His mind/spirit is totally at one with the Father's mind.
They share one mind/spirit between them.
To understand this go back to the creation.
Adam and Eve were of one flesh.
They pictured out the at-one-ness that exists between the LORD Jesus and the Father, and now between the
Elohim and the Spirit Filled:
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.
25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
27. That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it
should be holy and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
30. For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Most of the verses that address the Spirit as "he" or "him" do not really say that when examined in the originals.
The verses that do speak of the Holy Spirit as "he" or "him" are the result of the Aramaic and Greek having
masculine and feminine nouns.
For instance the "comforter":
25. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.
26. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things,
and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14.25+26
This verse really does say "he" in the Greek, but if you call anything a "comforter" in Greek it is a 'he', because it is a
If I called a bottle of wine my "comforter" in Greek it would be a 'he'.
When The LORD took some of Moses' share of the Holy Spirit and bestowed it upon the 70 elders it is called "it":
25. And the Lord came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it
unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not
26. But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other
Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were of them that were written, but went not out unto the
tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.
27. And there ran a young man, and told Moses, and said, Eldad and Medad do prophesy in the camp.
28. And Joshua the son of Nun, the servant of Moses, one of his young men, answered and said, My lord Moses,
29. And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the Lord's people were
prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them! Numbers 11.25-29
In this case the Hebrew says "it".
And, praise the LORD, Moses' request will be answered in the future.
When a person hears the truth, believes it, repents, is baptized in water in the name of Jesus (not a trinity), then they
can receive the Holy Spirit by the laying on of hands by a Spirit Filled person/persons:
12. But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus
Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
13. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered,
beholding the miracles and signs which were done.
14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria had received the word of God, they sent
unto them Peter and John:
15. Who, when they were come down, prayed for them, that they might receive the Holy Spirit:
16. (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)
17. Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18. And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles' hands the Holy Spirit was given, he offered them
19. Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Spirit. Acts 8.12-19
The people were never baptized in the name of a trinity in Bible.
And this is an example of the Holy Spirit being called "he" when it does not say that in the Greek.
No one is healed in the name of a trinity - there is no mention of a trinity at all.
There is only one verse in the entire Bible where the three terms - Father, Son, + Holy Spirit appear in the same
And it is not describing the nature of God at all - it is Jesus telling the apostles to go out and baptize in the name of
the Father and Son, and to baptize in the Holy Spirit.
The two different baptisms all Christians must go through.
1. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the
foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2. Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
3. And this will we do, if God permit. Hebrews 6.1-3
When a person receives the Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands they are literally having a small piece of
Jesus' mind being inserted into our human mind.
And Jesus Christ literally is living in us.
This is why we hold fast to His Law, and this is how we have His faith in us.
Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of
Jesus. Revelation 14.12
Not faith in Jesus - we have Jesus' faith in us. It comes with having His mind in us.
The reception of the Holy Spirit in effect fertilizes our human mind to be born again - when the LORD returns - the
Spirit Filled are embryonic Elohim - for this is what the gospel is all about.
The Elohim are reproducing themselves, we are to born of the Holy Spirit (at the last trump) and we will be Elohim:
10. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
11. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
12. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten
of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1.10-14
5. They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of
6. I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
7. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.
8. Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations. Psalms 82.5-8
The bottom line - the Holy Spirit is the mind of the Father and YHVH which they share. It is how they accomplish
everything, it is how they project their power, it is how they come into a believer's life.