God’s weekly Sabbath and Annual Holy Days act out, and show us the LORD’s plan for the salvation of mankind.
To the LORD a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day;
For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. Psalms 90.4
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3.8
The LORD has alloted 6 days = 6000 years for mankind to rule themselves – to prove beyond all question that we can not run our own affairs. When the LORD returns the Earth will be an utter waste, as a result of the human rebellion that has been the human condition since Adam and Eve took it upon themselves to decide right from wrong.
1. Behold, the Lord maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof. 2. And it shall be, as with the people, so with the priest; as with the servant, so with his master; as with the maid, so with her mistress; as with the buyer, so with the seller; as with the lender, so with the borrower; as with the taker of usury, so with the giver of usury to him. 3. The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the Lord hath spoken this word. 4. The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish. 5. The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. 6. Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. Isaiah 24.1-6
But the Seventh Day, the seventh 1000 years is the time the LORD will rule the Earth, the 1000 years of the millennium is the LORD’s Sabbath rest for the Earth.
The seventh day belongs to YHVH – the LORD.
8. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: 10. But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: 11. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it. Exodus 20.8-11
It is a “shadow” of the glorious future the LORD has planned for mankind. And we are to observe it as the LORD Himself did:
The Seven Annual Holy Days act out the steps leading up to the LORD’s rule over Earth and the redemption of mankind.
The first step of redemption is the sacrifice of Jesus =
1. The Passover - which acts out and symbolizes the sacrifice of Jesus, who was slain on the day the Passover lamb is slaughtered (He was off the cross and in the tomb by the time the Passover started (John 19.31)
6. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump? 7. Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: 8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth. 1 Corinthians 5.6-8
Leavening in scripture is symbolic of sin and false doctrine:
6. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. 7. And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread. 8. Which when Jesus perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? 9. Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 10. Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 11. How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? 12. Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees. Matthew 16.6-12
And it is similar to sin in several ways; sin “puffs up” – or “makes proud” and if the tiniest little bit of leavening gets into a lump of dough it will, unless it is halted somehow (extreme heat), eventually take over the entire lump.
And it can be very sneaky, as part of the preparation of the Passover those who serve the LORD are to remove all leavening and leavened products from the home. It is not unusual to find something leavened in the home after the Passover has started, a cookie crumb in the cushion for instance (last year I found a bottle of salad dressing containing yeast on the second day) – the perfect symbolization of undetected sin, or of sin done in ignorance.
The night before the Passover is the only time authorized by scripture for the taking of the blood and body of Christ.
This is the night, of the day, the Passover lamb is to be slaughtered (the Biblical days begin at sunset).
This is what Jesus told us to do in remembrance of Him, come together with believers on the night of the day the lamb is to be slaughtered, break the bread symbolizing His body and drink the wine symbolizing His blood.
This is a requirement to enter into the Kingdom of God:
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48. I am that bread of life. 49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. 50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. 52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. 56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him. 57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. 58. This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever. John 6.47-58
There is only one time in the year this is authorized by scripture to be done – to take the bread and the wine at any other time than the night of the day the Passover lamb is to be slaughtered is a man made doctrine and tradition – the LORD has told us this is unacceptable – HE DOES NOT LIE:
7. Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, 8. This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Matthew 15.7-9
To observe the Passover we are to have all leavening and leavened products out of our homes (symbolizing the Spirit Filled removing sin from our lives – and sin is the transgression of God’s Law 1 John 3.4), and we are to abstain from eating all leavened products through the Passover, and the second commanded Holy Day, which is the Feast of Unleavened Bread which follows the Passover immediately.
During the Passover and The feast of Unleavened Bread a Weekly Sabbath always occurs - on this Sabbath the very first of the firstfruits of the early harvest where gathered for the "wave sheaf offering" which was to be offered the next day, and this starts the seven Sabbath countdown to the Feast of Firstfruits (also known as "The Feast of Weeks" or "The Pentecost").
This is exactly when Jesus ascended to Heaven - on the first Sunday after He rose, on Saturday afternoon.
The LORD died on a Wednesday afternoon, the day the Passover lamb was to be slaughtered, immediately before the beginning of the Passover at sundown on Wednesday.
He was in the grave for exactly three days and three nights:
38. Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. 39. But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas: 40. For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.Matthew 12.38-40
He rose on Saturday afternoon, when He appeared to Mary Magdalene on Sunday morning He said He had not ascended yet:
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. John 20.17
But, by that AFTERNOON He would allow Himself to be touched:
18. Mary Magdalene came and told the disciples that she had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken these things unto her. 19. Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 20. And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. John 20.18-20
34. Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon. 35. And they told what things were done in the way, and how he was known of them in breaking of bread. 36. And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. 37. But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit. 38. And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts? 39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. 40. And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. 41. And while they yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here any meat? 42. And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an honeycomb. 43. And he took it, and did eat before them. Luke 24.34-43
In perfect fulfillment of the Holy Days the LORD ascended to the Father on the day of the "Wave Sheaf Offering", starting the seven week countdown to the Feast of Firstfruits - when The Church of God was founded.
10. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11. And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12. And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord. 13. And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin. Leviticus 23.10-13
2. The Feast of Unleavened Bread – The second commanded Holy Day acts out and symbolizes the process of redemption for the first harvest of the dead – we are to remove all leavening (symbolizing sin) from our homes and we are to abstain from all leavened products for 7 days – seven being symbolic of completion.
The cleaning of our houses from all leavened products symbolizes REPENTANCE, turning away from our way of life, from the "way of the world" and turning to God's Way and His Word (not the commandments of Rome).
And we are to abstain from all leavened products for seven days.
Symbolizing and acting out that the Spirit Filled are to spend the rest of their lives weeding sin out of our lives.
The High Priest was to take a sheaf of grain - the very first of the grain harvested that year and to "wave" it before the LORD.
This symbolized Jesus - THE Wave Sheaf Offering - an UNLEAVENED OFFERING to the Father - the very first of the firstfruit.
And it started the seven sabbath countdown to the Feast of Firstfruits.
3. The Feast of First Fruits – acts out and symbolizes the salvation and translation of the Spirit Filled at the coming of Christ.
The Church of God was founded on this day when the Holy Spirit was bestowed upon the apostles in Acts chapter 2.
The bread of the Passover offering (and the Wave Sheaf Offering) was to be unleavened, it represented Christ, who was without sin.
But the bread of the Feast of First fruits offering was to be leavened, symbolizing that all the Spirit Filled, though we strive to live without sin, we all fall short – so we a leavened offering.
Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord. Leviticus 23.17
This symbolizes the church.
Back during the Feast of Unleavened Bread the Priest would perform "The Wave Sheaf Offering" this represents Jesus, the very first of the first fruit being caught up into the sky. When the LORD Jesus returns, at the last trump, the Spirit Filled dead will rise to eternal life and those who are still alive will be translated into spiritual bodies and all the Spirit Filled (except the 5th seal martyrs, who will return with the LORD) be caught up to Jesus as He is returning to Jerusalem to take control of and rule over the Earth.
Jesus was the very first of the firstfruits.
20. But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 1 Corinthians 15.20-23
The Spirit Filled are only the firstfruits of the harvest:
17. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18. Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.James 1.17-18
22. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. 23. And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. Romans 8.22+23
The first three Holy Days are in the spring and early part of the year.
The Last four are in the Fall, and concentrate more on those who will rise in the second resurrection – which is to flesh and blood – people who are still subject to the second death – in the pit of fire, if they refuse to repent (Isaiah 66.22-24; FAQ #13).
1. The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2. And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3. And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? and I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest. 4. Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5. Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6. And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord. 7. So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8. And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9. Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10. So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. 11. Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12. Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13. And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O My people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14. And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord. Ezekiel 37.1-14
These people do not have the gift of eternal life (yet) – they rise to flesh and blood bodies and they must breath air and are subject to the second death.
They will go through the same steps as the Spirit Filled are going through now:
24. For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land. 25. Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 26. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 27. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. 28. And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be My people, and I will be your God. 29. I will also save you from all your uncleannesses: and I will call for the corn, and will increase it, and lay no famine upon you. 30. And I will multiply the fruit of the tree, and the increase of the field, that ye shall receive no more reproach of famine among the heathen. 31. Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. 32. Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord God, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel. Ezekiel 36.24-32
[ Please see FAQ #13 for more info on the resurrections ]
4. The Feast of Trumpets – the 4th Holy Day is the Feast of Trumpets – acting out and celebrating the return of Jesus – at the last trump.
In the Bible the trumpet was to sounded on two occasions
And Jonathan smote the garrison of the Philistines that was in Geba, and the Philistines heard of it. And Saul blew the trumpet throughout all the land, saying, Let the Hebrews hear. 1 Samuel 13.3
And, behold, God himself is with us for our captain, and his priests with sounding trumpets to cry alarm against you. O children of Israel, fight ye not against the Lord God of your fathers; for ye shall not prosper. 2 Chronicles 13.12
and at the crowning of a new King:
38. So Zadok the priest, and Nathan the prophet, and Benaiah the son of Jehoiada, and the Cherethites, and the Pelethites, went down, and caused Solomon to ride upon king David's mule, and brought him to Gihon. 39. And Zadok the priest took an horn of oil out of the tabernacle, and anointed Solomon. And they blew the trumpet; and all the people said, God save king Solomon. 40. And all the people came up after him, and the people piped with pipes, and rejoiced with great joy, so that the earth rent with the sound of them. 1 Kings 1.38-40
12. And he brought forth the king's son, and put the crown upon him, and gave him the testimony; and they made him king, and anointed him; and they clapped their hands, and said, God save the king. 13. And when Athaliah heard the noise of the guard and of the people, she came to the people into the temple of the Lord. 14. And when she looked, behold, the king stood by a pillar, as the manner was, and the princes and the trumpeters by the king, and all the people of the land rejoiced, and blew with trumpets: and Athaliah rent her clothes, and cried, Treason, Treason. 2 Kings 11.12-14
And the return of Jesus will involve both – the announcement of war when the LORD strikes down those who are in rebellion against Him (Isaiah 66.16 +17), and the Spirit Filled will have great joy at the installation of our new KING over the Earth – replacing Satan as the Earth’s ruler.
30. And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. Matthew 24.30+31
15. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. 16. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18. Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1 Thessalonians 4.15-18
51. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Corinthians 15.51-54
[ as a side note; this is an example of spiritual confusion resulting from man made doctrines and traditions – almost all the Sunday keepers fail to understand the dead are asleep in the dust of the Earth – they have fallen for the lie that when we die we immediately go to Heaven of Hell – because they have no understanding of God’s plan ]
5. The Day of Atonement (in Hebrew "Yom Kippur") - This commanded Holy Day acts out the “redemption of” or the “atoning for” for our sins that Christ has performed by allowing Himself to be sacrificed for our sin.
If you study the sacrifice that was performed on this day the High Priest was to draw lots over two goats, one was sacrificed and the blood sprinkled on the Ark of the Covenant (this was the only day anyone was to go into the Holy of Holies) – this goat represented Jesus – slain to atone for us.
The other goat was let loose into the wilderness – symbolizing the spiritual wilderness that the LORD’s people have been wandering in since they failed the LORD’s test in The Wilderness of Sin in Exodus 16, when The LORD commanded the Sabbath to be observed, as a test commandment – before the Sinai Covenant and the giving of the 10 Commandments.
This is the only day that those who serve the LORD are commanded to fast – this pictures or acts out the remorse that the Spirit Filled feel now for our sins and that those who rise in the second resurrection will feel when they rise and realize the truth:
Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall lothe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations. Ezekiel 36.31
6. The Feast of Tabernacles - This commanded Holy Day lasts for seven days – the first day and last day are Sabbaths, we are not to work, and we are to gather with other Spirit Filled people. The days in between are for fun, fellowship, recreation, and study with others who serve the LORD.
This Holy Day acts out the 1000 year rule of the LORD over the Earth.
It is a temporary situation – where there are people from the first resurrection who already have eternal life are living with the flesh and blood people of the second resurrection
This may well be when Jesus was born. He was six months older than John the Baptist, and we can roughly calculate when John was born because we are told when the angel spoke to his dad – who was of the “Course of Abijah” – this fixes the time of John’s conception.
If Jesus was not born on the Feast of Tabernacles it was very close – it was not in the dead of winter – that is for sure. I am quite sure it is a celebration of His life on Earth, in the flesh – though I think there is a chance the LORD was born on the Feast of Trumpets – which is just a few days earlier.
Part of the observance of The Feast of Tabernacles was to live in a “tabernacle” or a temporary shelter – picturing the temporariness of the situation – which will end at the end of the 1000 years.
This Holy Day also symbolizes Jesus coming to the Earth, being made flesh and temporarily dwelling with us.
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1.14
This word “dwelt” would have been more accurately translated “tabernacled” [see the screen shot at the bottom of the page, please]
7. The Last Great Day - This Holy Day celebrates the final cleansing of the Earth of sin so the Father will come down and dwell with mankind forever, it follows the Feast of Tabernacles immediately and is the end of the first day (1000 years) of God’s rule over the Earth – The Day of the LORD which starts with the opening of the 6th seal [The Seven Seals] and ends with the entire Earth being cleansed by fire.
By the end of the 1000 years of the rule of Christ everyone will have heard the truth, repented, been baptized, received the Holy Spirit, and lived a life weeding sin out of their lives (they are still flesh and blood and will fall short – sin will exist during the 1000 years) OR they will be reprobate and gather against the LORD for the final cleansing of Gog + Magog
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?2 Peter 3.10-12
5. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. 7. And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8. And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog, and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them. 10. And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. 11. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20.5-15
Also at the end of the 1000 years those who received the Holy Spirit in this life and then fell away will rise in flesh and blood bodies to be destroyed – they have had their chance to serve the LORD:
4. For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5. And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, 6. If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. 7. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: 8. But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. Hebrews 6.4-8
These people have committed “wilful” sin and refuse to admit they were wrong – they refuse to repent and ask forgiveness, AFTER receiving the Holy Spirit.
They have persisted in sin (which is the transgression of God's Law - 1 John 3.4) – despite receiving GRACE:
26. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27. But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29. Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 30. For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. 31. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.Hebrews 10.26-31
These are the rest of the dead – that do not rise until the end of the 1000 years.
And they have nothing but the second death to look forward to.
After the Earth is cleansed by fire, the Father will come dwell with man, bringing the New Jerusalem with Him - THE FIRST DAY OF ETERNITY:
1. And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5. And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6. And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21.1-8
This is by no means a complete examination of these matters and our understanding will increase with every year of obedience to the words of the LORD.
These Holy Days – the LORD’s Holy Days, are all laid out in Leviticus 23:
1. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 3. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings. 4. These are the feasts of the Lord, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 5. In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord's passover. 6. And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord: seven days ye must eat unleavened bread. 7. In the first day ye shall have an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 8. But ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord seven days: in the seventh day is an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 9. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 10. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest: 11. And he shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted for you: on the morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it. 12. And ye shall offer that day when ye wave the sheaf an he lamb without blemish of the first year for a burnt offering unto the Lord. 13. And the meat offering thereof shall be two tenth deals of fine flour mingled with oil, an offering made by fire unto the Lord for a sweet savour: and the drink offering thereof shall be of wine, the fourth part of an hin. 14. And ye shall eat neither bread, nor parched corn, nor green ears, until the selfsame day that ye have brought an offering unto your God: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 15. And ye shall count unto you from the morrow after the sabbath, from the day that ye brought the sheaf of the wave offering; seven sabbaths shall be complete: 16. Even unto the morrow after the seventh sabbath shall ye number fifty days; and ye shall offer a new meat offering unto the Lord. 17. Ye shall bring out of your habitations two wave loaves of two tenth deals; they shall be of fine flour; they shall be baken with leaven; they are the firstfruits unto the Lord. 18. And ye shall offer with the bread seven lambs without blemish of the first year, and one young bullock, and two rams: they shall be for a burnt offering unto the Lord, with their meat offering, and their drink offerings, even an offering made by fire, of sweet savour unto the Lord. 19. Then ye shall sacrifice one kid of the goats for a sin offering, and two lambs of the first year for a sacrifice of peace offerings. 20. And the priest shall wave them with the bread of the firstfruits for a wave offering before the Lord, with the two lambs: they shall be holy to the Lord for the priest. 21. And ye shall proclaim on the selfsame day, that it may be an holy convocation unto you: ye shall do no servile work therein: it shall be a statute for ever in all your dwellings throughout your generations. 22. And when ye reap the harvest of your land, thou shalt not make clean riddance of the corners of thy field when thou reapest, neither shalt thou gather any gleaning of thy harvest: thou shalt leave them unto the poor, and to the stranger: I am the Lord your God. 23. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 24. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, In the seventh month, in the first day of the month, shall ye have a sabbath, a memorial of blowing of trumpets, an holy convocation. 25. Ye shall do no servile work therein: but ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord. 26. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 27. Also on the tenth day of this seventh month there shall be a day of atonement: it shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall afflict your souls, and offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord. 28. And ye shall do no work in that same day: for it is a day of atonement, to make an atonement for you before the Lord your God. 29. For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people. 30. And whatsoever soul it be that doeth any work in that same day, the same soul will I destroy from among his people. 31. Ye shall do no manner of work: it shall be a statute for ever throughout your generations in all your dwellings. 32. It shall be unto you a sabbath of rest, and ye shall afflict your souls: in the ninth day of the month at even, from even unto even, shall ye celebrate your sabbath. 33. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, 34. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the Lord. 35. On the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no servile work therein. 36. Seven days ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: on the eighth day shall be an holy convocation unto you; and ye shall offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord: it is a solemn assembly; and ye shall do no servile work therein. 37. These are the feasts of the Lord, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, to offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord, a burnt offering, and a meat offering, a sacrifice, and drink offerings, every thing upon his day: 38. Beside the sabbaths of the Lord, and beside your gifts, and beside all your vows, and beside all your freewill offerings, which ye give unto the Lord. 39. Also in the fifteenth day of the seventh month, when ye have gathered in the fruit of the land, ye shall keep a feast unto the Lord seven days: on the first day shall be a sabbath, and on the eighth day shall be a sabbath. 40. And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the Lord your God seven days. 41. And ye shall keep it a feast unto the Lord seven days in the year. It shall be a statute for ever in your generations: ye shall celebrate it in the seventh month. 42. Ye shall dwell in booths seven days; all that are Israelites born shall dwell in booths: 43. That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God. 44. And Moses declared unto the children of Israel the feasts of the Lord. Levititcus 23.1-44
What are The LORD's Holy Days + What do they Symbolize?